Let us know about the Orbi setup CBK40 router that creates a swift WIFI communication to your home or office internet. Orbi CBK40 can easily communicate to your modem or the default Orbilogin.com login gateway. If you are fed up with your existing wifi and its useless connection, go for the world’s best WIFI router. Orbi CBK40 with a satellite is known for its fast internet connection.
Sometimes you may face sudden issues in your router related to its LEDs. Don’t worry at all. First of all, understand the LED behaviour in your Orbi router and then we will move to eliminate the trouble. In the following troubleshooting guide, you will learn Orbi firmware update, reset, and Orbi default password login process to resolve some issues, like Orbi purple light error, blinking white, etc.
Understand the LED behaviour for your Orbi CBK40 router
The following description will tell you about the LED behaviour. And it indicates the router LED that is available on its front. It is for the orbilogin.net setup and login process.
- Orbi flashing white is the signature indication for the router that it is booting up or someone has pressed the Sync button by mistake or willingly for the synchronization process with the satellite.
- Orbi Solid white will indicate that your router is resetting and coming to its default configuration. After this, you have to log in to your orbi setup CB40 device.
- Orbi pink light is not a matter to be worried about anymore. It simply means your router cannot communicate with the Internet connection of your satellite.
- Orbi purple light: – It indicates an obsolete firmware problem. Your router needs a firmware update instantly. Secondly, reset the device if the purple light issue continues to hamper Orbi’s default password login.
- Off LED behaviour indicates the booting process on your router, and it is working.
Update your Orbi firmware to resolve the purple light issue
A firmware update improves the functioning system of your Orbi setup. We have illustrated the most suitable method to update the firmware of your CBK40 router. Follow the below steps carefully to resolve the purple LED issue from the router.
- Login is necessary for the homepage of your router.
- For this, open up the browser and enter the IP address http://orbilogin.net.
- Click enter or OK tab, then enter the Orbi default password and other required credentials.
- In the SSID field, enter the username, which is ADMIN.
- Then in the Password field, again enter the passphrase Password.
- Now get the Basic homepage of your Netgear Orbi setup CBK40 device.
- From the Home page, go to the advanced section.
- And then the Administration field. At last, click the Orbi firmware update button.
- From here, bring the saved file and hit the upload button.
Now, click browse and leave the process for a few minutes. Do not break the update process until the router reboots. Now the Orbi firmware update process has been finalized and completed. Now turn on the router to check if the Orbi purple light issue went away.
Reset your Orbi CBK40 router if the Orbi purple light continues to trouble
- Find a reset button on your Orbi CBK40 router.
- Take a small pin to press the button.
- The reset button is inside the outer panel of the router.
- Press the reset button for not more than 15 seconds.
- The router LED starts blinking orange as you release the button.
- Wait for a few minutes, and your router will start automatically.
Your Orbi firmware for the CBK40 unit reboots automatically after finishing the reset process to give it a fresh start. The device will obtain its default settings when the power LED stops blinking. It is ready to use with the Orbi default password and other login credentials.
Enable the unwanted Access on your Orbi router
Firstly, download the Orbi setup app and click an icon on the display screen of your router. Click the icon and launch the app. Then go to the menu tab of the app situated just at the top of the upper-left corner of the screen. Follow some of the sequences to get the settings. From the menu, go to;
- Anywhere Access
- The Anywhere access page will be displayed
Toggle the option Enable [Access Anywhere] in the slider, and as you toggle the slider in the right direction, the slider will become green. Thus, it will enable the [Access Anywhere] option for you. If you toggle the slider to the left direction, the slider will turn white, which means the Anywhere Access option has been disabled for you.