You might have faced this issue several times in your Orbi router. Some people call it purple light and some people call it magenta light. Both are the same problem. If you have got frustrated with this issue, then do not panic. We are providing some of the basic and easy procedures to follow. All Netgear Orbi routers have been built with the latest mesh technology. Therefore, these devices are amazing in themselves. Although the setup process is simple and easy. Still, some users may get confused and face errors. The users who don’t have any technical knowledge of the Orbi login process can struggle with the orbilogin.com login process.
Reasons for getting Orbi purple light
1. Your Orbi router might not be able to establish a secure connection with the Orbi satellites.
2. The Router that you are using to access the internet is not connected to the modem properly.
3. The fiber cables or the internet cables might not have connected properly to the network. The cables might have gotten loose from somewhere.
4. If the configuration of your Orbi router has changed, then you can see Orbi purple light.
5. Some of the malicious files or viruses can cause your Orbi router to behave differently.
6. If there is a firmware update pending in your then your router will show purple light.
7. You might have gone somewhere and have not used the network devices for more than a month.
8. And now you are connecting the router to the internet, then it may cause your Orbi router to malfunction.
There can be some other reason apart from the one mentioned in the above section. It can be a hardware problem with your Orbi Mesh networking router. Before calling the Netgear support team, try some of the other troubleshooting tips as mentioned below.
Solutions Orbi Purple Light:
1. Reboot your Orbi router
1. Turn off the power of your Orbi router by pressing the power button available at its back.
2. Wait for a few minutes. If the LED light does not light strong blue or orbi blinking white, then turn it on again.
3. Wait for the power LED lights to be stable. After that, check if you are still getting Orbi purple light or it is resolved.
4. If your problem persists, then there may be something wrong with the hardware or the setup system of your Orbi router.
2. Update the router firmware
- To update the firmware of your Orbi router, connect the mobile to the WIFI network.
- You can even connect a computer as the configuration device to your router using an Ethernet cable.
- In this case, you have to connect the router to the WAN port of the modem. Here use another Ethernet cable.
- Connecting your orbi router directly to the modem and the computer using the Ethernet cable does not require a password.
- If you are going through the WIFI network, then enter the admin username and password.
- Firstly, you need to enter orbilogin.com or orbilogin.net into the search bar of the web browser. And then hit the enter key.
- Enter admin into the username field. Enter a password into the password field of the Orbi login page.
- When you will be able to access the routers’ admin panel, then tap the menu button. It is in the upper left corner.
- After that select settings,>then go to the router settings. After that scroll down and check for the available updates.
- If you see any firmware update, then click to install it. Thus, the firmware of your Orbi router has upgraded successfully.
Some common issues related to Orbi routerlogin.net
Issue 1: Can’t access the orbilogin.com?
Solution: Netgear cannot provide you with an internet connection. Since it does not serve as an Internet Service provider. Netgear manufactures only WIFI devices. Therefore, you can access the internet from your modem or any other internet service provider. Moreover, you need to contact the Internet Service Provider in your area.
Issue 2: No connectivity from the internet
Solution: Now connectivity is one of the common issues that we all may face. Please make sure your orbi device is plugged in properly into the power socket board and powered on. However, the network adapter connected to your router must be on as well. Get a new IP address for your device from your internet service provider. If the problem of “No Connectivity” persists then power reset or reboot your router. After that, enter the correct security information while entering all the details.
Issue 3: Lost My Orbi internet connection
Solution: To resolve this issue, make sure the cables are properly connected and are tight. You also have to power cycle your router, computer and modem. Also, check for the recent firmware updates that Netgear Orbi launches regularly. If you found any available firmware, click to install and launch it.
Issue 4: My Orbi router is showing offline?
Solution: You have to check the following details to resolve this issue:
- Check the router and the modem’s LAN and WAN connection. If you found any network available from the modem. So, try to login again to your router’s web-based console.
- Secondly, you should verify the internet access from the device provided by your Internet service provider. Link a configuration device to your modem directly using an Ethernet cable.
Restart the Orbi device and confirm it is still causing any trouble for you. Reboot your modem and the router and make a strong connection between the two devices.