One Solution !! Download the NETGEAR Orbi app
The NETGEAR Orbi app can be used to access your Orbi network and make changes to its settings. If you’re already having it and facing issues, simply uninstall it then reinstall it from the store.
If you see that your network is showing offline, websites aren’t loading, and you’re not connected to your WiFi network. Follow these steps to get connected again:
Let’s resolve according to the problem if your network is offline:
- Ensure your modem’s Internet connection is active.
- You can check it by connecting a device to the modem and see if you’re able to access the Internet.
- No internet access? Restart the router to see whether the router is causing the issue.
- Ensure that your Internet service provider (ISP) connection is also active.
- Now Reboot your modem and reconnect it to your router.
a. Unplug the cord located in the back to reboot your modem. Wait for 30 seconds. b. Plug the cord back into the router again.
Sometimes you experience “Internet not connected error” with the Nighthawk or Orbi app, that time you should try to power-cycle your network. This restart is required for your networking hardware to establish a connection with your Internet service provider (ISP).
NOTE: Once you power cycles your home network, you need to install your NETGEAR Router with the Nighthawk or Orbi app again.
If you’ve power-cycled your router and the issue is still not fixed, your ISP might need one connection type from the both mentioned below:
- Static IP: This IP address is provided by your ISP. The static IP remains the same and doesn’t change. To know your Static IP, contact your ISP.
- PPPoE (Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet): In this connection type, you require the username and password provided by the ISP before you can access the Internet.
In case your ISP truly requires a different connection type, follow the below steps:
- Tap Advanced Setup, from the internet not connected screen.
From the Advanced Network Setup screen, select the connection type required by your ISP. If you don’t know which connection type needs to be selected, ask your ISP about the details of your connection.
If the issue still persists, follow the below steps:
Check your network and Internet connections:
- Ensure that your wireless computer or mobile device is connected to the Orbi network.
- If your device is connected to the Orbi but there is no internet access, check whether your internet connection is active.
- Launch a web browser on your PC, laptop or any WiFI enabled device that is connected to the network.
- In the URL/ address bar, type orbilogin.com. A user login window will open.
- Insert the router admin username and password. The default credentials are username is and password is password. Both of them are case-sensitive. A BASIC Home page will be displayed.
- Click the ADVANCED tab. An ADVANCED Home page will be displayed.
- From the Internet port, check whether an IP address is shown or not. If you see 0.0.0.0 that means your router hasn’t obtained an IP address from your Internet service provider (ISP). Now you can restart your router by forcing your cable (DSL modem) to recognize your new network.