When you bring an Orbi satellite it is set to Orbi mode by default. In this case, your satellite will be only compatible with an Orbilogin.com router. If you have a non-Orbi router and want to set it up in range extender mode to communicate to your router follow the instructions in the below section;
Netgear Orbi satellite setup in Extender mode:
- Position your Orbi satellite near the router. Keep in mind that this placement is only for the setup process. After the setup is complete, you are free to place your Orbi satellite anywhere you like.
- You should first connect your Orbi satellite to an electric outlet but don’ power it on.
- If it is powered on then press the power button to turn it off.
- Press and hold the sync button on your Orbi satellite and keep holding the power button for at least a few seconds and then release.
- After a few seconds, release the power button. Now your satellite has powered on.
- If your Orbi satellite is still powered off, then repeat the process (press and hold the sync button) at least two-three times.
- You are not supposed to release the power on/off button until you see the bottom LED light pulse white and then blue
Now, you can release the sync button and watch if the following LED light appears.
Pulsing blue LED: – When your satellite shows pulsing blue LED light then it means it is starting up and converting from Orbi mode to Extender Mode. The blue LED light will continue to pulse blue for a few seconds.
Solid Blue: – When the Orbi satellite shows solid blue LED light, then it is in extender mode and is ready to sync with your non-Orbi router.
- At this stage, you should connect to the network of your range extender. The network of your range extender is NETGEAR_EXT using a computer or a smartphone.
- In this device, you have to launch a web browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Safari.
- Use the address bar of your web browser to visit the orbilogin.com web page.
- You will see the Netgear installation assistant page instantly on your screen.
- Now you will start getting prompts to connect your Orbi satellite to your Orbilogin.com network.
The LED light on the bottom of your satellite lights one of the following colors to show you the status.
Blue LED light: – When the connection between your non-Orbi router and the satellite is good then it shows you Blue LED. It also indicates that your Orbi satellite and the router have synchronized successfully and the connection is strong. It lights blue for at least three minutes.
Amber LED light: – When the connection between your non-Orbi router and the satellite is fair then you see Amber LED light. Fair LED light means the router and the satellite has synchronized but the connection is not as strong as it should be. In this case, consider moving your satellite closer to your router. The Amber light will turn off after three minutes.
Magenta LED light: – When the connection between your non-Orbi router and the satellite failed to synchronize the satellite LED will turn Magenta and remains in the same condition. In this situation, consider moving your satellite closer to the router and then follow the entire process once again.
How to reset my Orbi WIFI password?
To reset the password of your Orbi router, launch a web browser using a mobile device or a computer that should be connected to your Orbilogin.com network.
- Go to the search bar and enter the web address http://orbilogin.com
- Now, you will be able to see a login window on your computer’s screen.
- On this login, the window enters the username and password of your Orbi router.
- The user name is admin and the password is a password by default.
- Both the login credentials are case-sensitive so enter them in a lower case.
- When the BASIC Home page displays, select the Wireless setup tab.
- Type a new name in the username (SSID) field to change the network name (SSID).
- If you have to change the password, then type a new password in the Password (Network Key) locus.
- And then click the Apply button to secure the settings.
- Your entire orbilogin.com settings are saved but you have to login back to the Orbi login setup page of your router.
When you changed the SSID or password, you need to reconnect your devices to the network of your Orbi router.
Orbi Router Reset process
- To reset your Orbi router find a reset button.
- The reset button is given on the top of your Orbi router.
- Take a thin object like a mobile screwdriver to press the reset button.
- Press and hold the reset button for at least a few seconds and then release.
- As the power LED starts blinking, the router boot-up and gains its default factory configuration.
- After reset, log in to your Orbi router using admin and password as the default paraphrase and get into the basic login page.