Your Orbi RBK50 possesses an Ultra-Performance that energizes your entire Home. The WIFI Mesh WIFI System is enough to cover up the large area of your houses, even up to 4,000 sq. ft. with fast WIFI. The RBK50 System includes a WIFI router and a range-extending satellite. This OrbiWIFI system gives Internet speeds for all of your devices. The dedicated WIFI network is always there for the fastest and most consistent Internet. If you are impressed with the performance and stability of the Ethernet wired connection with your Orbi RBK50 router, then this router is a good solution for you. You may connect more wired devices to your Orbilogin.com WIFI network using the Ethernet ports on the Orbi desktop Satellite.
Methods to enable the VPN feature using a Windows computer.
There is a virtual private network which is called VPN. It lets you use your orbilogin.com Internet connection securely. You may even access your Orbi RBK50 network from farther places. Install the OpenVPN software on each Windows that you have to use for the VPN connections from the router to the modem. VPN uses a Dynamic DNS account in your computer to get connected with your router. You should also enable the Dynamic DNS feature in your device. Do it before enabling the VPN feature. For more information regarding Dynamic DNS enable and disable, you should log in to www.orbilogin.net or http://orbilogin.com.
Follow the steps to enable the VPN function.
- Launch an Internet web browser from your computer or mobile device. The computer and the mobile device must be linked to the WIFI network of your router using orbilogin.com or orbilogin.net.
- After that, enter a web link in the search bar of the web browser. Such as http://www.orbilogin.com. It will lead you to the login page of your Orbi WIFI router. The login page will require some of the information to bring to the homepage of your router.
- On the orbi login page, you need to enter the username and password of the router. The user name can be admin. The password can be the password to get the homepage of your Orbi WIFI router. The SSID and password are case-sensitive, so you need to enter the details in small letters.
- Go to the settings and select the option ADVANCED. Then jump on to the advanced setup, then get the VPN service key. As you press the VPN service key, the service page of the VPN feature will display on your screen. Now select the option [Enable], which will enable the VPN service. And then, tap the apply button.
- You must specify the VPN service. It is like what you want to have for your router from this displayed page. Now for the Windows computers, you have to download the OpenVPN configuration files. So, let us begin the process. You should follow http://openvpn.net/index.php/download/community-download.html to download this the client utility of the OpenVPN.
- Go to the section of window installer of this page. And double-tap the option open VPN-install-xxx.exe link to download and install the OpenVPN software on your Windows computer. Then tap NEXT. Read the license agreement, select the checkboxes, and click the option NEXT.
- After performing all the above steps, you need to specify and select a location. Here you can store this file safely. For this, you should tap the option browse. And then select the destination file and folder. Now, tap the install option. You can see the progress of file installation on your computer’s screen.
- Now you have to hit the option finish to confirm that VPN file installation completes. The file will be a zipped file, and you have to unzip it using an appropriate tool. Copy the entire data to a folder where you have installed the VPN client on your respective device.
- For the client devices, at 64-bit windows, the VPN file will have installed at C:\Programfiles\OpenVPN\config\ by default. If you are using client devices with Windows, then change the VPN interface name and keep it NETGEAR ORBI-VPN.
- Are you on a Windows computer version 10? Then select Start >then get Settings >then Network & Internet >and then the Ethernet.
Heat Sink feature in your Orbi RBK50 router with VPN?
If you are a Windows computer version 7 user, select Start >then get the Control Panel >then View network status and tasks. Now, you need to change the adapter settings. Go to the local area connection list or the LAN, and find the local area connection with the device, such as TAP-Windows.
There are fans inside the hardware of your Orbi, which is to cool up the device. The fan-less design of this router is to control heavy processing power. It let your Orbi routerlogin.net have stable performance at high network speeds also. It is called the “Heat-Sink” feature of the Orbi RBK50 router.